Immersive visualization of simulation data
This service provides the user with the opportunity to display simulation data in an immersive environment. There are two available options.
The first option includes the following:
- clarification of parameters for the visualization of simulation data, especially desired project duration, extent of functionality, data formats and choice of a suitable VR target platform
- data preparation: extraction of visualization primitives for the interactive display
- development of an application based on (VRG)
- the Unsteady VTK Data Visualizer (UVDV), a ViSTA-based in-house development
- the open source tool Kitware Paraview
- acceptance and testing of the final application on the target platform at the end of the agreed upon project duration
The second option offers:
The Virtual Reality Group tutors the user in data preparation as well as the use of the Unsteady VTK Data Visualizer, allowing the user to create their own applications.
The service includes a once-off presentation of the results on an appropriate VR-platform in the RWTH Aachen VR Lab (IT Center, Kopernikusstraße 6, Room K115), with the aid of the respective Virtual Reality Group staff.
Should one wish for a longer presentation at the VR Lab or externally, this can be made possible by booking the Using VR infrastructure for presentations service.
If the application is to be regularly used or presented, the Virtual Reality Group offers support in the acquisition and/or operation of VR infrastructure for your institute. More information about terms and conditions are described in theSupport in acquisition and maintenance of Visualization Infrastructure for an instituteservice, which can be additionally booked if needed.