The service RWTH e-mail routing is a supervised IT service of the IT Center, which supports the cross-organizational communication at RWTH Aachen University and FH Aachen.
Incoming and outgoing mail traffic is routed via the central mail gateway of the RWTH Aachen University and incoming traffic is checked for viruses and SPAM. E-mails are accepted by registered servers of the RWTH Aachen University and sent to the Internet or accepted from the Internet and delivered to subordinate mail systems. Mail domains and the corresponding MX records are set up by the IT Center.
- Prerequisites for service operation (obligations of the customer)
- Administrators of self-operated mail servers must log them on to the IT Center and provide relevant configuration parameters (e.g. server name, recipient verification file)
- Proper, secure configuration of connected mail systems
- Each institution designates a contact person for your e-mail domain(s) to communicate with the IT Center.
- Service Requests: Communication of all information requested by the support team for error diagnosis