Immersive exploration of virtual buildings
This service allows the user to display architectural data in an interactive, immersive environment. The target platform is usually the aixCAVE in the RWTH Aachen
VR Lab (IT Center, Kopernikusstraße 6, Room K115), but a different system can be used if requested.
The service covers the following steps:
- clarification of general parameters for the visualization - especially desired project duration, data formats, and the choice of target platform
- preparation of modeling data
- development of a software solution based on “Inside”, a ViSTA-based in-house development (VRG). This requires regular exchanges between the user and the Virtual Reality Group.
- acceptance and testing of the final application on the target platform at the end of the agreed upon project duration
In addition to the listed steps the service includes a once-off presentation of the results on an appropriate VR-platform in the RWTH Aachen VR Lab (IT Center, Kopernikusstraße 6, Room K115), with the aid of the respective Virtual Reality Group staff.
- Should one wish for a longer presentation at the VR Lab or externally, this can be made possible by booking the Using VR infrastructure for presentation s service.