1st Level Support IT-ServiceDesk
- +49 241 80 24680
- Send Email
Since January 1, 2010, the IT-ServiceDesk is the central point of contact for students, staff, institutes, and partners in collaboration of RWTH Aachen. Our trained and competent specialist staff will be glad to assist you will all questions on the IT services of the IT Center.
If we are not able to answer your question or resolve your service request right away, we will forward it to the relevant specialist division. As with requests via e-mail, you will receive a service ticket number which makes it possible for you to check the status of your request, either in dialog with our staff or via the support portal. In this way, we make sure that you can obtain transparent information on status of your service request.
We promise to get back to with a response to your request within one working day. We will be responsible for answering your request until we have come up with an appropriate solution for you.
Certified according to ISO 9001:2015
Within the Service & Communication department, the IT-ServiceDesk acts as a single point of contact for all inquiries regarding the IT Center's services.
A quality management system (QMS) certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 is operated to secure and optimize all department-relevant processes. The QMS covers the following area of activity:
Single Point of Contact for all inquiries regarding the IT Center's own and cooperatively provided (IT) services as well as its marketing.
It ensures that processes are controlled and lived. The following quality policy is thus pursued:
- We work according to the processes & guidelines defined in the QMS; all employees are responsible for quality!
- The service provided is always customer-oriented, i.e. we communicate in a friendly manner and always strive for a quick solution to customer inquiries.
- Our endeavour is the always service-oriented and efficient processing of customer enquiries for the specialist departments.
- We promote the further development and training of our employees in order to guarantee and improve the quality of service.
- We maintain service-oriented, sustainable documentation.
The certificate is valid until 19.04.2025.
- By establishing the ServiceDesk, we are able to provide you with the following benefits:
- You have a central point of contact for all information technology services of the IT Center
- Our long office hours and workforce planning measures make it easy for you to contact us
- Continuing education of our staff maintains high quality of our services
- The ticketing system makes it possible for you to check the status of your service request online via the support portal
If you need assistance in person from our staff, you can visit us at one of the three locations:
- IT Center Office Building at Seffenter Weg 23
- SuperC, Templergraben 57
- IT CenterOffice Building at Wendlingweg 10
Services of the IT ServiceDesk
The IT ServiceDesk will be glad to assist you with questions regarding the information technology services of the IT Center. These include:
- Support with activating the communication services
- Resetting your password
- Configuration of WIFI and VPN
- Installation of software
- Assistance with CAMPUS and CAMPUS Office system functionality
- Advice and assistance concerning our information technology services
- Management of the laptop rental service
If you have any special requests concerning IT services, please do not hesitate to contact us!
We seek to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction through:
- Easy personal accessibility by phone
- Provision of quick and effective solutions
- Response to your service requesit within one working day
- Improvement of the IT Service Management at the IT Center