SharePoint Shared Service
The IT Center offers SharePoint Shared Service to RWTH institutes and RWTH external customers to support based collaboration, for example managing projects or coordinating tasks. In general, SharePoint Server 2019 functionalities are provided with special extensions for RWTH Aachen University.
The customer receives his or her own SiteCollection within a SharePoint server farm, which is managed exclusively by the respective customer.
For the respective SharePoint SiteCollection, the customer receives the role of SharePoint SiteCollection administrator. The SiteCollection Administrator is the central role that ensures that the SiteCollection settings are configured correctly. This includes
- creating the look and feel for the SiteCollection,
- adding users and permissions,
- customizing lists and libraries,
- monitoring activities, and
- communicating with users.
IT Center Help
- IT Center Help provides more detailed information about each IT Center service, such as guides, FAQs, configuration notes, and announcements.
- Sharepoint Shared Service