Software Asset Management
At RWTH, the use of software in the context of administration, research and teaching is a central part of daily work. This also means that the complexity and thus also the expense of procuring and managing the software are becoming ever greater. The same applies to the associated licenses and their respective contractual terms and conditions of use.
At the same time, the correct licensing of the software used at the university and also its verification within the framework of quality assurance is playing an increasingly important role. At RWTH, responsibility for adequate licensing is decentralized to the management of the respective higher education institution.
RWTH Aachen University offers a software asset management tool for its institutions to assist in the following areas:
- Audit security
- Establishment of a link between commercial software procurement and technical software installation
- Central and uniform management of the software used
- Overview of existing software contracts
In concrete terms, this means that purchases made for the installation via the asknet store are included in the SAM tool, allowing a comparison to be made between purchased and deployed software.
IT Center Help
- IT Center Help provides more detailed information about each IT Center service, such as guides, FAQs, configuration notes, and announcements.
- Software Asset Management