Heartly Welcome in "Oche" (dialect for Aachen)
You don't come from the area and yo don't know your way around at all? No Problem!
On this page we briefly summarized for you all the important facts.
- Accomodation in Aachen
- Public Transport
- Must-Sees in Aachen
- What you should perhaps know…
After you have submitted your application, you have to pass the knowledge test Knowledgetest. If you do not come from the area of Aachen, there is the possibility for you to plan the knowledgetest and the job interview in one and the same week. So you only have to come once. Should you prefer this planning or have further questions about planning feel free to contact us under these contact details.
You still need accomodation?
We compiled some accomodations for you for a small budget:
- A&O Hostel at main station
- Youth Hostel in Aachen
- Hostel Aachen
- Ibis Budget in Aachen
- Bestpreis Hotel Aachen
Must-Sees in Aachen
If you want to get to know Aachen a little better on your first visit, a visit to the beautiful old town is recommended. The old town is located in the center of Aachen and is within walking distance from the ITCenter about 20 Minutes. Here you can visit the Cathedral of Aachen, a building of cultural heritage. Right next to it you will find the old City Hall, the Cathedral treasury, the Elisenbrunnen and many shopping facilities.
The Pontstraße is well known among the Students of Aachen as the „Students Mile“ and offers you a first glimpse into the night life of Aachen. Here you find bars, pubs und restaurants, which serve as a meeting point for the students in Aachen. But if you like something quieter you will also find a place here, because there are cafes and ice cream parlors in the upper area of the Pontstraße.Copyright: Pexels
In Aachen you get the best from A to B by bus. On the ASEAG Webpage you find all information to the Online-Tickets. To buy a ticket online in advance can save you stress on site.
If you come by train it offers itsself to take the bus Bus Route 3A at main station bus stop 1 to bus stop „Seffenter Weg“. Then you are right at the IT Center RWTH Aachen University, where the knowledge test takes place at Seffenter Weg 23.
What you perhaps should know...
- If you have decided for the MATSE education in combination with the degree course "Applied mathematics and computer science' you can apply as a student of the University of Applied Sciences for a flat in one of the many student residences Student Residences.
- As a student you enjoy many advantages – also that of University Sports: Whether getting to know new people or a new sport, sport is always a good balance for the stressful everyday life.
- New to a city doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money. There are many ways to discover Aachen for free. :
- Free-Walking Tour: For example you can take part in a city tour for free every Saturday and Sunday.
- Enjoy free music on the concerts of the September Specials or who prefer to listen to classic music on the concerts of the Musicschool Aachen.
- On Vennbahn-Cycle Path all bike lovers get their money's worth: On more than 125km you can cycle through three countries and discover fascinating landscapes and historical stories. entdecken.
- With your semester ticket you can not only use public transport throug NorthRhineWestphalia but also drive to Maastricht for free! How about a visit to the Dutch university town?