RWTHjupyter Board Mailingliste
- Send Email
- Send Email
The RWTHjupyter Community introduces itself
The service RWTHjupyter is an offer for the RWTH Aachen University with a value that is essentially determined by the input of the users and its continuous development. With the creation of a community around the use of the service RWTHjupyter, the main goal is to support, to encourage the interaction of the groups involved (users, developers, operators, external parties) and to pursue concrete tasks.
The list of tasks concretises the objectives in the community and should be maintained continuously:
- Organisation of the communication around the service RWTHjupyter
- Management of the service RWTHjupyter
- Prioritisation of bug and feature lists
- Creation of processes for resource assignment in RWTHjupyter
- Coordination and use of synergy effects in developments for RWTHjupyter
- Advising on funding matters
- Exchange and participation in RWTH-external activities (e.g. Jupyter Community, other institutions)
- Mediation of resource needs in the RWTHjupyter context
The RWTHjupyter Community is defined as all RWTH members with an interest in RWTHjupyter. These members can register in the mailing list provided for communication in order to be informed about the activities in the RWTHjupyter Community. The RWTHjupyter Community meets once a semester. This meeting is organised by the RWTHjupyter Board.
The RWTHjupyter Board represents the interests of the RWTHjupyter Community. Its members come from the RWTHjupyter Community with the aim to represent the community as well as possible. Membership is defined via the mailing list. The IT Center is a permanent member of the RWTHjupyter Board and is responsible for the organisation (initiation of processes, moderation, etc.). Further members are admitted at the discretion of the RWTHjupyter Board. The number of members should not exceed ten. The main task of the RWTHjupyter Board is to work on the tasks defined in the section Tasks. The RWTHjuypyter Board regulates its own processes (communication, documentation, etc.).
- Bernd Decker, IT Center
- Stefan Lankes, Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems (ACS)
- Marcus Meyer, IT Center
- Christian Rohlfing, Institute for Communications Engineering (IENT)
- Dörte Rosendahl, IT Center
- Georg Schramm, IT Center
- Steffen Vogel, Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems (ACS)
- Matthias Wien, Institute of Imaging and Computer Vision (LfB)
The representatives of the institutions involved in the deployment of the first instance of the service RWTHjupyter (Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems, Institute for Imaging and Computer Vision, Institute for Communications Engineering, IT Center) are responsible for the definition and the foundation of the RWTHjupyter Community. They also form the first RWTHjupyter Board, which can be extended according to the rules. The RWTHjupyter community is considered as founded with the first meeting.
The existence of this committee is linked to the offer of the service RWTHjupyter. If the service is no longer offered, this committee is to be dissolved. The transfer to another context is possible and can be supported by the involved supported as far as possible.